I wonder if anyone else ever feels like this?
I feel like I'm not my own person anymore. I am a slave. A slave to my childrens wants, needs, and demands. A slave to my house, constantly trying to keep up with the mess.
Dont get me wrong; there are rewards to being a parent. Wonderful milestones and those amazing smiles and laughs that make it all worth it. But at times, I wonder who I really am. What makes me Ashleigh?
I really do not remember who I am without adding me as a dependent on someone or something else for my description. Mother, wife, stay at home mom.. Mother is dependent on my children, wife of Matthew, stay at home mom to my children and keeping the household running. Who am I?
I feel like to take these things out of the equation would leave me nothing more than a nameless faceless person. I am just a woman. Who am I?
And the things that I love, my hobbies, like traveling and working out and reading...well, I don't DO those anymore.
ReplyDeleteI so totally relate to this!