It's Friday, but really, with Matt working all these extra hours, it could be Wednesday for all I know. Especially because I'm pretty sure they will be staffing tomorrow in which case it means he won't be home. On top of kids going crazy from being cooped up from the 102° weather, and yeah, definitely Wednesday to me! Oh well, on to 5QF!
1. Is love at 1st sight
possible?I don't believe in it. I think you need to know your compatible with someone first. So much goes into a relationship, such as compromise,trust, parenting(if you have or want kids), finding someone interesting and worthwhile, that you need to have someone who can help you, who can give a little...but you also need to give too. Relationships= 2 way streets.
2. How did you choose your pet's name?I like silly names. Our dog's name is Grover(after the 24th president), and we had a cat named Cleveland. Then we adopted Marvin, but he came with his name...Starvin' Marvin. And we have Sneakers, who I got when I was 12. I couldn't think of anything clever, and he has white paws.
3. What are you considering giving
up (cable, home phone)?I want to give up my smart phone for a basic one, and cable TV. I really hate TV. And it kills me how much our cell phone bill is.
4. How much do you pay your babysitter?We don't have a babysitter. My parents or Matt's parents will watch the boys, but we very rarely go out, and with Matt's parents working all the time, and my parents being a six hour drive away, we don't get out of the house that often. Which is fine. Sometimes it would be nice to have a date night more than once every six months, but you can't win them all!
5. How "young" is old enough to
babysit?
I haven't ever given this much thought until recently when we went to my in-laws last weekend. My mother in law took the boys with her to a graduation party while Matt and I went to a wedding. Someone we know had her 6 year old daughter there, and told my mother in law " Oh, let A. watch H., she's really a good babysitter!" I'm pretty sure my mother in law was slightly horrified, and declined the sitter service. Given this episode, I would say 14 yrs. old, depending on who it was, how well we knew them, and how well the kids liked him/her. 6 yrs. old? Way to young.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Love your Friday questions :) We haven't left the kids with anyone other than our parents either. It is something we will need to figure out eventually so that we can have a proper date night too (on a regular basis)!
ReplyDeleteI think finding a sitter is stuck on our permenant "to-do" list! Lately whenever we would have time, we are usually to tired to go out anyway. Oh well :)
ReplyDelete