Matt has accepted a transfer to Black River Falls, WI, so right after the baby is born, we will be moving. We are pleased, even though this will be a pretty stressful time in our lives.Black River Falls has a better school district than what we have here, and they have much more to offer, in the way of activities. They have an aquatic center, as well as a pretty nice gym, with cheap memberships for families. It's still a smaller town, but big enough to have things we don't have here in Montello. We made the decision that we would rather move after the baby is born, so I can keep my doctor. I like how my OB is comfortable with delivering my baby without to much medical intervention. When I had H. I had to wear a holter monitor the entire labor, delivery, and recovery. While I didn't mind it for L&D, I did mind it during my recovery, because it's really hard to breastfeed with all those wires hanging around! My cardiologist has recommended cardiac monitoring during L&D, and that was it. I know that if we switch hospitals and doctors this late in the game, we have a big chance of having a doctor that won't be comfortable with either delivering our baby, or putting extra (unnecessary) precautions on me. It's nice having a doctor that includes me in my health care, instead of being high handed. Which brings me to the next point, my pregnancy.
![]() |
| 31 week belly shot |
N. and H. are both doing well. N. starts soccer this week, and he is pretty excited about it.N. will have practice Tuesdays and Thursdays, with games being on Saturday mornings. I'm not going to lie, I'm really excited for him to start, I love that this year they get to do so much more. He starts school in only a few more weeks, and we are trying to make the last of the summer count. He said he will be sad to move away from his friends, but is excited to move overall. His main concern is finding other boys that like Lego Ninjago, Beyblade, and Starwars. I told him I'm sure he won;t have any trouble finding other kids that like the same things that he does. He also has a loose tooth! He gets sort of nervous when we want to wiggle it, thinking we are going to rip it out, but overall he's excited about this childhood rite of passage. H. is talking more and more, and has been into playing "catch me if you can" whenever we need to change his diaper or put his shoes on. Or any other time that suits his mood. Matt has been really bad about letting him sleep in our bed in the middle of the night, but usually will put him back into his own bed after he falls back asleep. I really do not think he will take to the baby, since Baby is going to dethrone him if you will. H. likes being the baby, and since he still likes to sleep in a crib, and take a bottle, I know that the baby transition will be a hard one for him.
We are very excited (albeit nervous) about this new transition in our lives. We are hoping this will be the last time we will move, so the boys can be settled, and we can finally buy a house. Wish us luck in packing!

Oh wow! Congratulations you guys!! That is so exciting. I hope the packing and move goes as smoothly as possible.
ReplyDeleteAshleigh, I'm pretty sure you asked on Facebook awhile ago about g-diapers. I tried writing you a response and then my computer froze up and I don't think you got it. Just wanted to let you know that we have used them and really liked them. They were my go-to cloth diaper to send to Collin's moms. She liked them because they velcro'd and were easy to put on. We never used them with the disposable inserts, just the reuseable, so I'm not sure how those work. They are nice and thin and don't make clothes hard to get on. I didn't ever use them for overnight diapering. I use Charlie Bananna and sloomb for that. I haven't replaced any of my g-diapers yet (I actually JUST prepped my other his weekend so we are just now starting again!) but I'm thinking I might just because I know Collin's mom liked them and was comfortable using them.
Can't wait to hear the big news that Baby Wapp III is here!!! Good luck with everything.
Thanks for the gDiapers info! We did get them, and I'm really excited to use them. They seem pretty simple, and I think we will use the reusable inserts mostly. Thanks for the Congrats, it's exciting hearing about your house coming along... you'll be moved in before you know it! :)
Delete