Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Updating...

Sorry it has been so long since the last post, but we have had so much happen these past few months.

First and fore most, we welcomed Samuel Matthew Wappler into the world on October 8th at 2:10 a.m.. He weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 21 inches long. He is rapidly growing, giving us many toothless grins and little sleep, but thats ok. He is growing like a weed and is strong. Big brothers Noah and Henry are happy to have him around and love him dearly.

Secondly, because we are a glutton for punishment, we moved one week after Sam was born. Matt accepted a transfer to a diffrent office that brings us closer to my family. I apologize for the lack of communication, except for FB since we haven't had internet. We just had internet and phone hooked up last week, so hopefully this means more blogging.

I have applied to several jobs, and am seriously considering opening up a bakery. I love cooking and baking, and I absolutely love to do it for people. (Any one need a cake or any other type of baked good? Get a hold of me!)

I want to talk New Year's Resolutions. I know that they are compltely cliche' but I haven't ever really done it, so I figured "Why not?".


NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2013
  • Lose 75lbs in 1 year.
I know that I have tried losing weight in the past, but this time just feels different. I have been working out in an almost regular schedule, and I can say that the days I work out,  my depression is better, I have more patience, and I feel better in general. My eating habits haven't been the greatest this holiday season, but with working out I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist and hips.  I plan on making a conscious effort to eat healthier this month. Next month I plan on "Eating Clean". I will keep track of my smaller goals to achieve the larger goal on my weight loss blog.

  • Blog more often
This is another thing that I say that I'm going to do that I never end up doing. I realize I didn't set aside the time to blog. So when I get back home, I'm going to make a schedule up for me to follow. It will help me regardless of any reason. I need it mostly though to help my depression.

  • Become more involved in my community
I'm pretty sure that this is pretty self explanatory...going to church more often, volunteering at the Food Shelf and the community center in town, attending Le Leche League meetings. By doing this, I hope to feel more useful, and to make new friends.

I realize that while writing these goals out that I need to take smaller steps to achieve the big picture, and to focus on the smaller goals. Here is too a New Year and a new me!

What is you'r New Years Resolution, if you have them?

No comments:

Post a Comment