Monday, May 27, 2013

Gearing Up for the Week

I have the rest of my training in Madison this week, and I really don't want to go. Sam is on the cusp of crawling, and we have so much to get done around the house to prepare for moving. Also, what is the point of going to this training, when I won't be around to actually employ the skills learned in the training.
The bigger concerns I have right now is making up a summer learning program for Noah, so he is prepared for 2nd (2nd!) grade.
I've made up a schedule that will work for us as a family, since Matt will be working up north, and I will be staying with my parents. I was thinking about looking on Amazon or Barnes & Noble for some workbooks for Noah to go through this summer, and I want Henry to start learning more. I know that Henry will not sit down for workbooks, so I will be doing more of a Montessori style learning with him.
I feel so excited for this opportunity for my family and so relieved. We have been under so much stress this past year. I feel that moving up here will be like a breath of fresh air, where we can finally relax. Matt will be able to go out on fire assignments out west, we will be saving so much money, and at the same time, paying off much of our debt.  We have gotten ourselves in such a bad way with moving to Wisconsin, because of the debt load we had in Minnesota and Matt didn't get paid as much in Wisconsin, so it was really tough to pay the bills. I hope, and know that by moving back, with Matt accepting a higher position, we will be able to make some head room. It will be nice for the boys as well, living close to so many relatives, and Noah already has so many friends from the neighborhood.
Noah is done with reading recovery in school. I think this program really helped Noah, by going back and re-learning in baby steps. He is a wiz at math, and he is really interested in social studies and geography. I think he will do just fine this upcoming year, if we work with him often this summer in a scheduled manner. If any kid ever needs a schedule, it's this one. He doesn't realize it, but he does so much better with a schedule. Henry is as wild as ever, and I feel that by moving back, we an give him more structure, which he so desperately needs. We will work on potty training here pretty quick. He knows he needs to get out of diapers, and the sooner, the better. He's just stubborn, like his mother! Sam is army crawling, and getting up onto all fours and rocking. He sits alone, and can get from the sitting position to all fours already, and actually does crawl, just backwards. He has his two bottom teeth, but nothing else yet. He can also grab things with the pincer grasp. He seems pretty advanced to the other two at this stage, and man alive, is he a chunk! Noah and Henry were never as big as him at this age (7-8 months). They are all fun to watch, and I feel privileged that these amazing, smart, and funny little people are ours to raise.
My weight loss journey is going well, now that I am taking my anti-depressants again. I lost four pounds last week. I love weight watchers because it isn't so harsh, and even if I use the weekly allowance points, I know that I should still be losing that week. I need to incorporate working out more often into my everyday life though. I know that the only real way to lose weight is to work hard, be honest, and be mindful of what you put into your body. There is no easy way to do it, no "miracle" way to lose the weight, at least not in a healthy way.
Hoping everyone out there has a great week!

Ashleigh


No comments:

Post a Comment