Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekly Ramble

Yesterday I started working in the home for my new job. So far, I like it. Everything in the area I really like. Our house is quaint, snug, and efficient, and everyone seems to be very nice.
I worry because today there is a showing in the house that we live in. I'm hoping that they aren't serious buyers, because I'm serious about buying this house! The only thing about our house that I don't like is how white the walls are. We are in desperate need of a paint job, which I'm hoping I can do soon. I don't actually feel that I have to much to write about today. I also need to hem up some curtains to make them into a vallance for the kitchen sink window. I have my garden planned out for spring, but I really need to make a plan for the front of the house. We have some overgrown, ugly cedar bushes in the front, and it would be nice to have my father-in-law bring up his skid loader so he can rip those out. Hopefully he could bring up his tiller so we could till up the garden area as well, to make it easier for planting.
Nothing has really happened this past weekend. We had Matt's sixteen year old cousin A. up this past weekend, and Matt and I went out on a date Saturday night. It was really rather funny. We went to Sarento's in the Dells, and there was a Michael McDowell look-alike singing Bon Jovi and other songs that really didn't bode well with the atmosphere of the restaurant. To make matters worse(or funnier,depending on how you look at it) The man sitting next to us was singing right along with him, telling his wife "You can't get better entertainment than this!" It was horrible...but rather amusing non-the-less. We then went to a bar in our home town, where we each had a few drinks, and the bartender bought me a drink. That concluded our night out. Next time, I think we will make reservations for a place in Madison, to have a nice date night. I will schedule a reservation for four months from now, since that seems to be the duration between our dates.

I finally uploaded around 475 pictures to Wal-Greens. I am one of the most horrible people for getting pictures printed out. I only seem to do it once or twice a year. I'm really good at taking pictures, but not so good at remembering to get them printed. I'm hoping this will change, so I can update the pictures around the house on a regular basis.

The boys are doing very well. H, is going through a growth spurt right now, sleeping through the night again, and taking two two and half hour naps. He has been eating like crazy and loving to get into his brother's room to play with all of the cool toys. N, is doing fairly well too. He has been into playing board games with us, and likes to be able to play outside in the snow. I'm hoping to be able to buy them a swing set this spring, so they can go outside and play in the warm sun...nothing says spring like sunshine. That is about all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment