Monday, May 14, 2012

Facebook No More!

I've decided to get rid of my facebook. Mostly citing lack of concern on privacy, but mostly because I hate that it doesn't make any sort of relationship. It's just another type of voyeurism. Another reason to not call or stay in touch. So I decided to quit it.
I'm not saying that it was easy. Right now, I'm really tempted to log in and check out what everyone else is doing...but I won't. I also feel that while a good portion of everyone else is preoccupied with what their friends are doing, and seeing how many likes or comments they can get, I'm out there doing stuff. A good example would be that  today I managed to fence in my garden, clean the house, play with the boys, set my schedule up for work, and put in a little gardening time. As well as helping Matt with yard work. Everything that would be worth posting on facebook.
I will miss being in touch with people I don't really get to talk to that often, but my quitting facebook shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone, as that I told the facebook world that they had twenty four hours to contact me for my information. Only a few people did, which I hope they read my blog, leave comments, email me, and generally keep in touch. I want to know how these people are doing, and I love to hear about friends and family. Only I would like to make it more personable that just seeing a status update.
So here at this blog is where you'll find me, my updates on my pregnancy, my boys, my feelings on certain issues, my loves, my hobbies...essentially my life. And I really want to hear about my reader's lives too. So please feel free to leave comments, email me, or call or text me. I really want to know.
Hoping to hear from someone soon,
Ashleigh

2 comments:

  1. Hey hon, I text Wap yesterday for your phone number but he didn't reply....maybe I have the wrong number for him too? I think I have your email address, I'll try sending you an email now. And don't worry, you aren't missing anything on FB. If it wasn't for my 10 year reunion this year, and the fact that I have to PLAN it, I wouldn't be on there either. I feel the same way as you do about the social media's claim to "make" "real" friendships...call me old-fashioned, but I'm selfish with my time and those that want to be my friend will make the time to actually see me or at the very least pick up the phone. :) Let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Kira! Matt is horrible about checking his phone, otherwise I can email you our numbers. I know I still have your email address.

    ReplyDelete