For reason's beyond my knowledge, I find that when I have a job, I do a heck of a lot more housework. It's kind of weird. Normally I would want to just play with N. and H. before I have to go to work. Usually, because I miss them so much, I just need to get in as much little boy affection before I go to work. Charge me up for the day. Especially because I'm either gone before they wake up, or coming home after they have fallen asleep. Today though, I feel like the more I get done while I'm at home, the better prepared I'll be at work. Getting laundry folded and put away, getting supper ready so all Matt needs to do when he comes home is only minimal housework, and maximium boy time.
Maybe it's because while Matt was at LE academy, it was so much easier to get supper ready in the morning before leaving. When I had a free minute, getting those little (or big) chores out of the way helped me to have free time in the evening when all I really wanted to do was spend time getting the boys fed, clean and ready for bed. The only difference is that it's not me at night now, its Matt. I realize just how frustrating it can be to get the boys taken care of while trying to get supper cooked, and cleaned up afterward. I know that both of us put a priority on bed time, because its a ritual, that is best left done the same way every.single.night. Mostly because if we try doing something different, N. usually will not go to bed. Like last night was a battle. N. was sent to bed at 7:30 and really didn't stay in bed to go to sleep until 9:30. It is an uphill battle if the routine is changed. H. isn't on such a strict routine, mostly because when he goes to the sitter's in the afternoon, it's hard for him to take his usual nap, but even he starts getting sleepy after bath time.
Weird how when running a household every little thing is interconnected. Laundry can be directly correlated to bed time.In
No comments:
Post a Comment